We would like to invite papers examining topics from across the journal’s scope for submission.
Metaverse & Education is an open access peer reviewed international journal. The publication costs are covered by the journal, so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge. There are no submission fees, publication fees or page charges for this journal.
This journal publishes research employing a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative methods and/or mixed approaches. Empirical articles are expected to report on significant research studies. These may report qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods studies and need to be of a high scholarly quality. Empirical articles need to include: a clear methodology (including information on sampling and analytical process); substantive evidence of research outputs, outcomes and impacts (e.g. of the interventions trialled, applied, or adopted). Theoretical, methodological and review articles should be critical, present a novel perspective and make an original contribution. Review and survey articles that show scholarly depth, breadth and richness are particularly welcome.
Articles may include such subjects as:
– Applications for educational purposes in immersive technologies such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), extended reality (XR), mixed reality (MR);
– Design, development and implementation of immersive technologies;
– Applications for educational purposes in Web 3.0;
– Metaverse platforms in open, distance, blended and flipped learning;
– Monitoring and quality assurance;
– Formative and summative assessment in Metaverse;
– Cost effectiveness.